Saturday, June 30, 2012

Beaded crochet bracelet

Must admit that I was very impressed when I saw the beaded crochet ropes for the first time. Mostly because crocheting sounded like a black magic to me. Yet, I couldn't give up too quickly, even though most of the tutorials available throughout the web haven't been very helpful to me. However once finally I've managed to learn it (thank you, weraph, for your wonderful tutorial!), it has become one of my favourite beading techniques. For ropes like this I have tried tubular peyote stitch before, but crochet ropes are faster to make, easier, and - what is the most important - are very flexible without losing their tubular shape.

This bracelet was waiting for over a week to be finished though, since I couldn't decide what kind of focal bead would fit to it. Eventually made a beaded sphere, using a peyote stitch. Think it was the best choice. ;)

Beaded crochet bracelet

Couldn't help myself though and had to make two more beaded spheres for earrings, however they are slightly smaller than the one used in the bracelet. Their size doesn't exceed 14 mm.

beaded balls earrings

Should make more beaded crochet bracelets soon I think... :)


3 comments:

  1. Hi! Nice blog you have done!
    Your jewelry are so beautiful!!
    You are so talented and I think many people out there will think so too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with the above, you make very nice things and I'm sure that everyone who sees them thinks the same. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. awesome creations! i admire your work and your designs! i hope one day i could create something similar :) R

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for every comment you leave. I do appreciate it a lot. :)
However, due to outrageous amount of spam, every comment for posts older than 5 days is reviewed before it appears on the site. But don't worry, as long as you're not a spam bot, your comment will be published. ;) Thank you for understanding. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...