Monday, August 19, 2013

Ssssssnakes ;)

When I found a pattern for the snake, I knew I would have to make it. It didn't even look like a beaded crochet rope, more like a real snake. It took some time though to make it - I started working on that necklace in the end of June, and I finished it just two days ago. Of course, if I had been focusing just on this piece, it would have been done long ago. Stringing the beads though was a nightmare, and this is what was stopping me from finishing it sooner. Over 9300 beads, tiny 15/o beads, have been used for this project... And now I am crazy enough to want to make a green one! ;)

The necklace is 40 cm (15,75") long.

snake - beaded crochet necklace

And a close-up:

snake - beaded crochet necklace

Unfortunately, I don't know the author of this amazing pattern. I found the snake here, so if it's you, Kseniya, who has drawn it, it's a great job done!

And as I am posting snakes here, there is one more beaded crochet rope with a snakeskin pattern, although not that realistic, as the first one. This necklace was actually waiting for six months to be finished. Started in January, finished in June. I guess I just had more funny things to do. ;)
It is made with 11/o Toho seed beads and is 42 cm (16,5") long.

snake - beaded crochet necklace

Now, despite my plans on making another snake, I should get some rest from bead crocheting. I have got some wonderful Delica beads lately, so it's about time to try them out. :)

See you soon with some other beadwork. Good night! :)






24 comments:

  1. WOW!!! It really looks real. Looking forward to see a green one :-)
    I think you should try to sell it, please ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would require making another one for myself - and that would be just too much. ;)

      Delete
  2. Dlaczego wsadziłaś weżowi łeb w końcowke?:D udusi sie:) Pięknie Ci wyszły!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhhhh!!!!Justyna es una maravilla, ya me imagino lo harta que habrás acabado pero es una verdadera joya, tienes unas manos maravillosas!!!! es preciosísimo.
    Muchos besitos guapa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Szalona z Ciebie kobieta a do tego masz anielską cierpliwość! Cieszę się jednak, że tak utalentowana osoba ma te cechy bo inaczej nie mogłabym podziwiać Twoich prac. Węże są absolutnie fantastyczne, chylę czoła!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cudo! A ten pierwszy, jak żywy :) Z tym brzuszkiem.. ech!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! This really looks like a snake =)
    Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic, it really looks like a snake! Well done! Greetings Silke

    ReplyDelete
  8. Okay, I have never seen anything so unusual and breathe taking in all my life, you have truly out done yourself this time, I have no idea if you are feeling better or just really just have special secrets to block out pain , I have no idea how you do it Justyna. If i had 1/1000 of your talent and energy I would be a millionaire and buy my own jet and fly you here to see me and explore Florida and all the bead stores there must be at least 30 - 40 . How do you so it, each one is more than a classic and should be placed in a museum for all to see and admire. I am at a lost for words. I love them more than I can accurately express because I am speechless. The brown snake skin is my ultimate number one favorite. Do me a small favor, tell yourself you are a genius, you have such an imagination for art and beading that you should be the number one artist of the year. I have seen a lot of work but NOTHING compares to this and that is the GOD's honest truth. I am so proud of you. Thanks for the smile. a million and more hugs sis xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. where is the tutorial on this? this is a very beautiful work

    ReplyDelete
  10. where is the tutorial on this? this is a very beautiful work

    ReplyDelete
  11. They are gorgeous! I have been sitting on some snakeskin patterns for awhile, the stringing is daunting. I may have to get obsessed with bead crochet again. Maybe...I have some other animal prints as well, wonder if they would come out as beautifully as yours!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's awesome ... I have no words!!!
    Can you tell me where to find this tutorial where I can buy it??? Thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Przepiękne sznury. Jestem pelna podziwu ile pracy w nie włożyłaś. Oba są cudowne :).

    ReplyDelete
  14. I made a bracelet with this pattern too! You did a great job! Love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  15. The snakes are absolutely gorgeous!! So unusual and beautiful. You do such wonderful work.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ciao Justina, quanti bei lavori con le perline. Sei bravissima! E i migliori auguri per la tua salute. Un abbraccio

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am so excited I found your site. I love bead crochet and have been looking for ways to expand what I do...Thanks for the patterns and ideas!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What type of pattern did you use for the more realistic snake?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for every comment you leave. I do appreciate it a lot. :)
However, due to outrageous amount of spam, every comment for posts older than 5 days is reviewed before it appears on the site. But don't worry, as long as you're not a spam bot, your comment will be published. ;) Thank you for understanding. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...