When I found a pattern for the snake, I knew I would have to make it. It didn't even look like a beaded crochet rope, more like a real snake. It took some time though to make it - I started working on that necklace in the end of June, and I finished it just two days ago. Of course, if I had been focusing just on this piece, it would have been done long ago. Stringing the beads though was a nightmare, and this is what was stopping me from finishing it sooner. Over 9300 beads, tiny 15/o beads, have been used for this project... And now I am crazy enough to want to make a green one! ;)
The necklace is 40 cm (15,75") long.
And a close-up:
Unfortunately, I don't know the author of this amazing pattern. I found the snake here, so if it's you, Kseniya, who has drawn it, it's a great job done!
And as I am posting snakes here, there is one more beaded crochet rope with a snakeskin pattern, although not that realistic, as the first one. This necklace was actually waiting for six months to be finished. Started in January, finished in June. I guess I just had more funny things to do. ;)
It is made with 11/o Toho seed beads and is 42 cm (16,5") long.
Now, despite my plans on making another snake, I should get some rest from bead crocheting. I have got some wonderful Delica beads lately, so it's about time to try them out. :)
See you soon with some other beadwork. Good night! :)