As I promised in this post, I have finally prepared the tutorial for the flower stud earrings, like these below:
But first I want to say thanks to all of you, for your encouraging comments, for your e-mails, for every good word I got from you. I returned with no good news at all though, but don't worry, even though I decided to not continue the treatment - I just can't agree for the next chemotherapy, because I know that it will kill me faster than cancer - I feel great! I am an incurable optimist and I won't lose my positive attitude too soon. Can't waste the rest of my life, after all, and spend it on waiting for death. There are thousands of better things to do! ;)
Stay happy, my friends. :)
And now I'm happy to share the pattern here with you. :)
You will need:
76 x 11/o seed beads
120 x 15/o seed beads
24 x 11/o cylinder beads
2 x 6mm round beads
2 x flat or cup ear studs
beading needle (size 12)
The earrings measure around 17mm (0,67") in diameter.
1. String 1 x 11/o cylinder bead and 1 x 11/o seed bead six times, make a knot and pass through the beads, so your thread is exiting from one of the seed beads as shown in the left picture.
2. Pick up 2 x 11o seed beads, skip the cylinder bead and pass through the next 11/o seed bead in the row as shown in the middle picture. Repeat five more times. At the end pass through the first 11/o bead added in this round.
3. Pick up 1 x 11/o seed bead and pass through the three nearest 11/o seed beads as shown in the right picture. Repeat five more times. At the end pass through the first 11/o bead added in this round.
4. Pick up 5 x 15/o seed beads, skip one 11/o bead and pass through the next 11/o bead as shown in the picture (one of the beads strung in step 1).5. Pass back through the last 15/o bead strung.
6. Pick up 4 x 15/o seed beads and pass through the next 11/o bead added in step 3 as shown in the picture.
7. Repeat steps 4-6 five more times.
8. Pass through the first 3 x 15/o beads added in the previous round.
9. Pick up 1 x 11/o cylinder bead, skip 3 x 15/o beads and pass through the next 3 x 15/o beads as shown in the picture.
10. Pick up 1 x 15/o seed bead and pass through the next 3 x 15/o beads as shown in the picture.
11. Repeat steps 9-10 five more times.
12. Pass through the beads so your thread is exiting from one of the 11/o seed beads strung in step 1.
13. Pick up 1 x 6mm round bead and pass through the 11/o bead on the opposite side as shown in the picture.
14. Pass again through the 6mm bead and the same 11/o bead you have started this round with. You can pass through these beads a few times, so the 6mm bead isn’t sitting too loosely. Don’t worry that the hole of the 6mm bead is visible. We will cover it with beads in the following steps.
15. Pick up 6 x 11/o seed beads and pass again through the 6mm bead forming a loop on one side of the 6mm bead. Repeat one more time, forming another loop on the opposite side, as shown in the left picture.
NOTE: Depending on the exact size of your seed beads (you know that some colours sometimes differ from each other with shape and size, even if they are described as the same size) you might need to add 7 x 11/o beads instead of 6. You have to determine yourself how many beads you will need.
16. Pass through one of the loops as shown in the right picture.
17. Pick up 1 x 11/o seed bead and pass through the other loop.
18. Pick up 1 x 11/o seed beads and pass through the first loop again. Pass through all the beads a few times.
19. Make and secure the knots and trim the remaining thread.
20. Take an ear stud and glue it to the back side of the beadwork.
21. Repeat steps 1-20 for the second piece and enjoy your new flower stud earrings!
Author: Justyna Szlęzak, Eridhan Creations
Unauthorized copying and/ or commercial use prohibited
Copyright by Justyna Szlęzak 2013